Looking around 👀🤎

I can’t think of a stronger speech than this one. “Don’t ever give up”. A man with cancer that motivates others to live life, to enjoy every minute.  When  the circumstances are not the best, when life is telling you to give up, it’s the best moment to enjoy life, to laugh with family and friends, and to challenge yourself. To become better. 

Some of the techniques that Valvano uses in this speech to keep the reader (or listener) interested are the repetition and making people laugh. For example, when he was telling the anecdote of when he hit the gates instead of opening them. With that situation, I consider that the speech has a hook, from then on I pay more attention to his message. Also, this way Valvano makes this speech personal. 

He concluded his speech by telling people that cancer is not going to change him. Telling that he is going to do the best he can to save others’ lives with his foundation. 

There is a call to action by telling people to live life and enjoy every moment, telling people to see where they come from. This speech motivates me a lot, making me aware of everything that is around me and giving attention and value to the smallest and most beautiful things that happen in our lives.

One thought on “Looking around 👀🤎”